Mushrooms add something special to a meal and mushroom soup is a classic example.
But mushrooms give us more than great taste. Did you know that mushrooms help contribute to our daily intake of potassium, selenium and riboflavin? Plus, mushrooms are low in fat and have only 20 calories per serving.
Try “Light ‘n Creamy Fresh Mushroom Soup” soon. This soup has only six grams of fat per serving, yet tastes rich and delicious. Prepare your favorite grilled sandwich while the soup simmers-and dinner is served.
Time-saver tip: Cook up a double batch and freeze half for another dinner.
Light ‘N Creamy
Fresh Mushroom Soup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions (scallions)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme or oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 11/2 pounds white mushrooms, sliced (about 9 cups)
- 1 can (141/2 ounces) ready-to-serve chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup white wine or water
- 11/2 cups lowfat milk